Monday 3 March 2014

Surfing

So one of the other great perks for coming to Nicaragua is that is a great surfing location!  I also am staying with a great surfing family, the Randall's.  They have been super generous with their boards and transportation, to take not only me, but others, under their wing to keep the surfing generations going. The first three weeks I was here, we went surfing every week. The beach is about a little over an hour away, and the pictures are all from one of the surf locations which they call "robin's".  Basically its a house that their friend Robin owns (he lives in Miami) and they take care of it for him.  There is a surf break directly outside of the house, though it is a little narrow, as their are rocks on either side.  What I love about it is that there is SHADE!  I know, I come to Nicaragua, and every where I go, I seek out the shade.  Its a never ending battle of my desire to be outside and making sure I don't burn.  In that effort, I am wearing a spring wetsuit in the water (full sleeves!) to keep the burn away.   My skin is grateful, though I still burnt the first time out because I was in the water too long.  So the next times, I had Aleida time me, and I took a break after an hour.  My mind loves the beach, my skin, not so much.
Getting ready to go...lots of surfboards!

Paddling out

Aleida

Amanda


Gates to the beach at Robin's

At 4pm all of these dragonflies showed up!

Sunset surf with birds overhead

Sarah coming out of the water


Enjoying the sunset
Bonfire on the beach after some good food

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures Lisa. We are now in Costa Rica where it is also very hot, with temps in the high 30's. Not complaining,

    ReplyDelete