Tuesday 20 May 2014

Kruger National Park and the Big Tree

During the last two weekends I have been here, I have been taken around to different places to see some of the area by some of the people I have stayed with.
Last weekend, I went with Sonet and her family and we visited and stayed in Kruger National Park!  It was like my biology dream, to be able to see so many African animals in the wild, and so up close.  Within minutes of being in the park, we saw impalas and buffalo.  We were able to see giraffes in groups of 3 or more (which is unusual) and right beside the road.  We also saw a herd of about 25 elephants drinking water.  There were many calves there with them, as well as a set of twin calves.  It was spectacular.  We also saw worthogs, ostriches, crocodiles, springbok, tortoises, and even a cameleon on the road.  It was great to stay in the park and to be able to do some more familar things, like BBQ and play rummycub.  This weekend has been the highlight of my trip thus far!
The gate we entered by.
 
The previous weekend we drove all over Limpopo province and even went to the Zimbabwae border, saw the biggest tree in South Africa (they said the world?) and a lovely river.  It has been great to see so much of this northern territory in addition to experiencing both the Afrikaaner and African ways of life.  I have really appreciated being shown around to see so many things, and learn about this great
My pics looks similar to this one...we were so close!
place.  (p.s. I borrowed these pics from the internet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment