Monday 2 June 2014

The big five: touring South Africa and Zimbabwe

 After leaving my host families a week and a half ago, I met my Mom and Uncle Gerry in Johannesburg.  I was excited to see people I knew and to have a chance to relax before our tour.
Our tour started in Kruger national park, I was happy to see new places in the park and new animals as well.   We saw many elephant, giraffe, warthog, zebras, buffalo, ostrich, impala, kudu and many more!
Our tour is focused on wildlife, so after two days in Kruger, we travelled to the Zimbabwe border, and after three hours of standing in lines on both sides we finally set off again. The next day we visited Great Zimbabwe, which was some old ruins.  They were entire stone walls with no mortor, just stone.  We also got to walk in the bush and saw a white rhino. The next day was at Maun national park where we saw amazing animals sightings: lions, elephants super close, jackels, wildebeast, hippos, crocs and sweet watering holes with loads of species in one place. It was unreal!  Really I am not doing this justice without some pics, so I'm going to update this when I get home next week and have some awesome shots.
We have seen the big five! Leopard, lion, rhino, buffalo and elephant...I did not expect to be so lucky!
It is such a blessing to see so much of God's creation in unspoilt habitat.  It is amazing to see all those animals I have been watching national geographic for!

1 comment: