Tuesday 1 April 2014

San Juan del Sur: a surfing town

This weekend we drove 2.5 hours south to San Juan del Sur, a surfing town in Nicaragua.  Erin, Sarah, Aleida and I stayed in a the town, and also drove 30 minutes to a local beach (Playa Hermosa) to surf. Definatly a touristy town with a chill vibe. We ate a lot of delicious seafood (fish tacos, red snapper and lobster!) and gelato. It was not my best picture taking weekend... wish I had more to share, I guess I was too busy enjoying!
View from where we ate our breakfast- rice, beans and eggs!
There was a statue of Jesus on top of the hill!
To Playa Hermosa
what it looks like when you try to take a picture on the road to Playa Hermosa
After a surf session- Playa Hermosa
Our boards and my wetsuit hanging up



Local cemetery- everything painted in bright colours 
Entrance to town...caught on our way out!
There is only one tree flowering right now - beautiful
One of Ometepe's volcanos- on the drive home
windmills- finally!
baseball stadium in Rivas
On the way home we had to be diverted around a parade in El Cucerro

Check out how many people are hanging out of that bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment